Financial Assistant II - (STA007390)
Provides support in a variety of the more complex, clerical financial duties in accordance with standard procedures.
- Reconciles financial accounts for a department or office to the monthly statements provided by the University.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial reports for department management.
- Review expenditure documents for accuracy and follows up to ensure that vendors are paid.
- Maintains computerized accounting data bases and generates ad hoc reports as needed.
- Posts income and expenditure transactions to the appropriate account.
- May prepare billing, financial reports, and or invoices for various foundations and institutions.
- Prepares journal vouchers needed to effect changes in accounts.
- Analyzes errors found in account reconciliation for best method of correction.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned. (All duties are subject to restrictions set forth by MAPP policies on Cash Handling).
High school and 1 year experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
*Department is willing to take Education in lieu of experience*
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston