Assistant VP, Sponsored Research Administration - (STA007394)
The Assistant Vice President for Sponsored Research Administration oversees the Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG), established under the Division of Research to assist faculty in obtaining external funding to support their creative and scholarly activities. Reports directly to the Vice President for Research (VPR) with a dotted line to the Associate Vice President for Research.
- Ensures the overall operation of the Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) and integrates the functions of the areas of OCG for efficiency in operations and management.
- Oversees development of campus-wide training for the promulgation and dissemination of research administration policies and procedures as it relates to proposal submission and award management.
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives for the research mission of the University in partnership with DoR leadership.
- Partners with Deans and Assoc Deans for Research and University Level Center and Institute Directors to integrate sponsored research principles and practices into institutional policy to ensure compliance with federal, state and other sponsors.
- Ensures, in coordination with Colleges and University Level Centers and Institutes, efficient and effective workflows for managing grants and contracts throughout their lifecycle.
- Develops and maintains procedures for the oversight of expired sponsors project collection, payment and close to effectively reduce the size of annual debts as it relates to sponsored research funding.
- Coordinates with the Office of Technology Transfer and Innovation in transitioning faculty from research outcomes to IP, licensing and commercialization.
- Keeps the research community informed about relevant changes regarding grants and contracts in a timely manner.
- Creates material for the Office of Strategic Research Communications to publicize successes.
- Collaborates with external partners (e.g., Baylor, MD Anderson, Texas A&M, and state agencies) to optimize joint proposals and the management of joint grants and contracts. Interacts directly with funding agencies at the local, state and federal levels.
- Attends national committees and roundtables on contracts and grants on behalf of the VPR.
- Creates dashboard reports of contracts and grants for leadership. Implements effective and efficient management processes and technologies in the office, specifically software to enhance the administrative function and customer services.
- Develops and manages training and cross-training programs for staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Education: Master's Degree and 10 years of job related experience.
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston