Research Administrator 2 - (STA007381)
Performs the more complex pre-award and post-award administration of federal, state, private profit and private non-profit grants and contracts awarded to the University of Houston. Serves as team leader for research administration team for assigned college units.
- Reviews and submits proposals to external funding sources; initiates the creation of cost centers according to awarded project terms and conditions and modifies cost centers according to revised award notices.
- Provides guidance and expertise to faculty, department administrators and university executives on a wide variety of grants and contracts issues.
- Responsible for customer problem review and resolution for research administration team.Develops and implements internal operating procedures for assigned team; coordinates the work activities of assigned team and provides work direction as needed.
- Maintains web based proposal submission and research administration using electronic research administration systems.
- Negotiates the terms and conditions of grants and sub-recipient awards with potential sponsors and awardees and reviews contracts in conjunction with the Research Contracts Officer.
- Researches sponsor's financial and administrative regulations applicable to funded projects.
- Evaluates expenditure reallocation documents according to federal, state and university guidelines for allowability, appropriateness and timeliness.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Description:
This position will be responsible for the oversight of effort reporting on sponsored awards through the management of the effort reporting process and administration of the Effort Reporting System (ERS). Monitors and ensures compliance, educating faculty, administrators and staff in effort reporting policies and procedures. Proactively identifies and addresses issues that may have an impact on effort compliance and the Reporting System. Serves as a member of departmental and/or institutional committees to help address issues (technical and procedural) related to effort reporting and compliance. Reviews and approves payroll reallocations/corrections as they relate to sponsored awards. An advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, demonstrating a high level of proficiency is required.
Education will be considered in lieu of experience.
Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Management Information Systems.
- Research Compliance and/or Financial Administration experience in an institution of higher education.