Admissions Evaluator I, Admissions/New Student Services
Admissions/New Student Services invites applications for two (2) Admissions Evaluator I’s to join their team. This position will be responsible for all processing activity related to the admission of new undergraduate and non-degree graduates to UM. Processing includes review of applications, evaluating credentials, determining course equivalencies and making acceptance and residency decisions. We are especially interested in applications from individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
This position requires, but not limited to:
- Incumbent to develop a comprehensive knowledge of campus policies and procedures and Board of Regents (BOR) policies
- Working knowledge of UM academic and student support programs; ability to process all applications for admissions with limited or no supervision
- Ability to evaluate transfer credits to determine if courses are college level, appropriate grading and credit conversion, appropriate general education credit and possible UM course equivalency
- Ability to interpret BOR residency policies and make complex residency decisions
- Ability to prepare residency appeals for submission to the President’s Office
- Provide support to the Missoula College’s Admission Office
This position requires incumbent to develop a working and comprehensive knowledge of Banner.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Precise attention to detail
- Research and investigative skills
- Ability to interpret and apply technical policies in a consistent manner
- Exceptional interpersonal, public relations and communication skills with the ability to work with diverse
- populations and maintain effective relationships with students, co-workers, staff, faculty, and the public
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, service orientation, ability to resolve conflicts and problems
- Ability to perform mathematical computations
- Knowledge of professional office practices and procedures; strong computer skills, and ability to learn specialized software programs
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the academic programs and services offered at the University of Montana
- Demonstrated knowledge of Banner
- Knowledge of campus policies, procedures, and organizational structure
About the Admissions/New Student Services and UM
Attract, support and enhance student enrollment at the University of Montana by providing quality information, services and complete financial options to make the college enrollment process efficient, accessible and student centered.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Admissions Evaluator I
Position Number: 005390; NEW
Department: Department Name w/Hyperlink to Website
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Thursday , May 20, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner