Job ID: 226921
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
9950201 - Custodial Operations
The primary objective will be to maintain adequate levels of stock to meet daily distribution demands while minimizing excess supply. In addition, this role involves maintaining monthly inventory reports using a computerized database, recording a daily/weekly/monthly inventory count, maintaining accurate records in excel spreadsheets, ability to analyze data and supply trends, report findings to management and make recommendations for improvement as necessary, distribute and organize supplies throughout campus which includes 170 buildings and 3 custodial warehouses. Must maintain constant communication with management to make sure items are replenished and maintain proper par levels. This position oversees the flow of inventory in and out of the warehouses. This position is responsible for ordering, delivering, loading, shipment, maintenance, and storage. The position requires exemplary organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Review operations needs and supply lead times to ensure timely order fulfillment
- Prepare, generate and file financial inventory reports; review reports monthly with direct report
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers and provide good customer service as needed
- Oversee inventory and supply chain management according to departmental guidelines
- Create, maintain and update inventory records in excel spreadsheets
- Deliver and distribute custodial supplies throughout campus
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Order supplies using historical data and usage trends
- Perform critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct amount of items are in stock
- Troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between supplies and records
- Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs
- High school diploma
- Two (2) years experience in a warehouse, logistics or delivery field
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Associate's degree or equivalent formal technical training/post-secondary education
- 5 or more years of related work experience in warehouse management, delivery and/or logistics field
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to develop and create data tracking spreadsheets
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate organizational and human relation skills
- Demonstrate commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrate commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
Apply Before Date
May 28, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Stoop, stand, bend and lift throughout the day
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
- Required to drive supply van and other University vehicles
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=226921&PostingSeq=1