PeopleSoft ID: 4196
Department: Facilities Planning & Institutional Services
Key Position Information:
Incumbents coordinate directly with Interior Design and Planning Departments to draft and produce accurate and effective building schematics; prepare and review preliminary, as-built and design drawings; meet project milestones and deliverable dates. Responsibilities may include reading blueprints and performing drafting under limited supervision; examining and verifying field conditions and measurements; organizing project and drawing files; maintaining master drawing files; updating building schematic drawings; interpreting design criteria and transforming information into working drawings under limited supervision; assist in designing laboratories, offices and other spaces as needed by the College; preparing working drawings for internal staff (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, furniture, casework, and space-planning, as well as reviewing associated furniture/casework proposals), attending meetings with principal stakeholders (alongside supervisor when necessary) and other College personnel; responsible for getting drawing approval and respective sign-offs from all pertinent parties; performing other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Minimum two (2) years AutoCAD experience OR possess an AutoCAD technical drafting certificate from a certified technical school or college. Experience in the architectural, engineering, planning, or construction project management field is preferred.
*An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
- Proficiency in computer-aided drafting and design programs, particularly Autocad, as well as Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Revit, and Bluebeam (PDF converter) as well as 3D AutoCAD, Revit and BIM modeling software is preferred.
- Computers and related software applications.
- Must possess organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have full working knowledge of the latest version of AutoCAD
- Must have basic knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Must know how to assemble architectural/design presentation boards
- Must be able to follow directives and possess good communication skills and have the ability to interact with building/office staff effectively
- Must be articulate and communicate well in e-mails and verbally
- Communicate effectively with appropriate parties, including both the client and the design team, in order to accomplish tasks
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction
- Must be detail-oriented and quality-driven
- Strong self-motivated work ethic and willing to learn new procedures
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to fumes, dusts, extreme temperatures, intense noises and travel.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to various campuses as required.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
Updates the colleges building schematics
Daily - 40%
Field verifies dimensions of spaces
Daily - 10%
Updates college construction shared folder with updated drawings
Daily - 15%
Organizes shop files
Daily - 10%
Daily - 10%
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
As Required - 15%
To apply, visit https://web.spcollege.edu/hrapp/job/4196
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex and violates this Rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct. Should you experience such behavior, please contact Pamela Smith, the director of EA/EO/Title IX Coordinator at 727-341-3261; by mail at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.