AC MECHANIC I
AC MECHANIC I
Posting Number: SRGV5060
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To provide assistance with repairing and maintaining air conditioning equipment. Responsible for the regular service of all air conditioning systems.
Description of Duties:
• Assists with the installation, repair and preventative maintenance on all air conditioning and heating systems.
• Assists in calibrating, installing, maintenance, and repair of pneumatic thermostats, air handlers, refrigeration devices, refrigerators, ice makers, compressors, fans, blowers, motors, water pumps, insulation, valves, boilers, and all other related equipment and devices.
• May provide general or manual labor on a variety of assignments.
• Gathers tools and supplies to be used at work site, according to instructions.
• Assists in lifting, positioning and fastening objects and equipment; removes old equipment as required.
• Completes the routine maintenance chores, such as cleaning units, filter replacement, rust removal and repainting, draining and filling oil reservoirs.
• Cleans up after jobs at the work site and maintains shop clean and neat.
• Assists in maintaining tools and equipment in good condition, and in keeping supplies and parts in order.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Completion of 10th grade or equivalent. Ability to read and write English well enough to comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on cleansers, chemicals, and other containers, and to understand work orders, complete time cards, and receive oral and written work directions.
As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
One (1) year of skilled level experience as a refrigeration or AC mechanic.
Skilled in the use of all equipment of the A/C trade.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Exposure to outside environments, hot, dry, wet, cold; some work in restricted spaces, exposure to dust, some duties and working conditions may create bodily strain and discomfort.
Duties may involve the lifting and moving of heavy objects, stooping, crawling, climbing, reaching, and other activities requiring physical exertion. Danger of falls, chemicals, electrical shock and burns, and hazards and conditions inherent to the trade or assignment. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 05/12/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28378