MBA Adjunct Faculty Position - Financial Systems
Presidio Graduate School (PGS) educates and inspires a new generation of leaders in what have been described as the nation’s most innovative and respected graduate programs in sustainability. As Duff McDonald wrote in the New York Times, “if you want to change the world, go to Presidio Graduate School."
PGS’s programs emphasize curriculum integration, systems thinking, and experiential learning, as well as a focus on environmental sustainability and social justice in every course. Our faculty members are committed to teaching excellence, practice-oriented research, maintaining the vibrant PGS community, and building the field of sustainability and social justice leaders. PGS is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
For more information about PGS, our community, and course offerings, please visit https://www.presidio.edu/academics/
We are looking for adjunct faculty candidates that want to teach based in systems thinking, that brings together key aspects of environmental sustainability and social justice through problem-based learning to empower the next generation of business and public administration professionals.
Currently, there is an open position for an adjunct faculty to teach the Financial Systems course in the MBA Program in the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. The course description is as follows:
This course introduces core concepts, metrics and tools of financial management and corporate finance and applies them to conventional (for-profit) and complex (e.g. impact-mandated) enterprise settings. Students will use financial statements and data to develop analysis, valuation and capital budgeting of investment projects and enterprises, and risk management of financial flows and investments. Risk management component will focus on traditional risk assessment and modelling, and will extend to cover applications to Environmental, Social and Governance risk. We will also extend risk management framework to account for VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity) environment as consistent with modern enterprise strategy development and operations. The course will take an entrepreneurial approach to developing key tools of financial management. Students will encounter and work with case problems designed to apply theoretical fundamentals of financial management to a real-world live cases of a new venture finance.
- Master's degree in a related discipline.
- Critical understanding of the relationship between systems thinking, environmental sustainability, social justice, and business or civic leadership.
- Relevant teaching experience or demonstrable ability to teach at the graduate level.
- Experience in pedagogy of related courses in a reputable university in both online and in-person modalities.
- PhD in a related discipline.
- Evidence of thought leadership in systems thinking, environmental sustainability, social justice, and/or civic leadership.
- Experience or demonstrable ability to develop and use online teaching platforms.
- Relevant professional experience and demonstrable ability to integrate practice into applied teaching methodologies at the graduate level.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
General Teaching Responsibilities
- Design and management of semester-length course, including 5 six-hour long teaching sessions and 8 evening webinars
- Design and delivery of online learning content using the Canvas platform
- Timely grading, evaluation, and feedback.
- Holding weekly office hours – we are a “high-touch” program and view faculty accessibility as core to student success
- Advising students on projects and coursework
- Upholding academic standards of performance and integrity
- Attend three online faculty meetings per semester
- Participate in the integration of your course with the other courses at PGS
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Portfolio including syllabi and/or a summary of teaching evaluations
- List of Names and Contact Information of Three References (references will not be contacted until after an interview)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Presidio Graduate School is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in San Francisco
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in San Francisco
- Accounting & Finance Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in San Francisco
- Business Administration Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in San Francisco