Commercial Kitchen Equipment Mechanic, Senior
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions in various types of food service (kitchen) and refrigeration systems, such as walk-in coolers, freezers, reach-ins, ice machines, as well as gas, electric and steam commercial food equipment.
- Install, relocate, and expand food service (kitchen) and refrigeration equipment and systems when required.
- Repair, replace, adjust, or calibrate compressors, controls, thermostats, switches and fuses.
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedules and procedures for all food service (kitchen) and refrigeration equipment, including changing of filters and cleaning condensers and coils.
- Performs electrical maintenance and repairs, such as replacing switches, relays, thermostats, rewiring of appliances, replacing cord caps and resetting circuit breakers. Wires and connects motors, compressors and temperature controls according to wiring schematics.
- Performs general plumbing repairs, such as faucet leaks, unstopping clogged sinks, drains and garbage disposals, replacing solenoid valves and drain line repairs/installation.
- Receive and complete work orders utilizing an on-line work order system.
- Maintain inventory and proper maintenance of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma AND
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in the commercial food service (kitchen) equipment and refrigeration maintenance field; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
Open until further notice.
Commensurate with experience.**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.