Annual Giving Coordinator
This position reports to the Vice President for Advancement
40 hours a week
Monday through Friday
Salary commensurate with experience
Starr King School for the Ministry, recognized as a leader in progressive theological education, is searching for an Annual Giving Coordinator. The successful candidate will help raise operating funds for the school and steward donors in their relationship with the school.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all logistics for direct mail campaigns and associated email and social media promotions
- Steward and visit Bay Area donors
- Assist with alumni relations by working with the SKSM Graduate Association
- Occasionally travel to meet donors and speak to church congregations
- Assist with planning large fundraising events and promoting our events beforehand
- Supervise a seasonal phonathon program (6-8 weeks) including a thank-a-thon
- Promote congregational giving in support of the school and coordinate ordination giving and other church based offerings.
- Produce thank you notes and handle donor customer service issues, in cooperation with the Advancement Assistant.
- Utilize the demographic and donor data in the Raiser’s Edge database and assist with the upkeep of that data
- Work with the Advancement Assistant to ensure gifts are recording promptly and properly
- Coordinate when promotions drop so gift processing staff is prepared for appeals.
- Manage confidential matters with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Above all else, the successful candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, strong writing capabilities and the capacity to manage multiple projects. The ability to successfully work with and collaborate with others is essential, as are a sense of humor, strategic thinking, planning skills, and a creative attitude. Knowledge of the ethics of fundraising and fundraising techniques is a plus but training will be provided on the more technical aspects of this position.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required. Candidates must demonstrate experience working on Microsoft Suite, in particular Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus. Candidates with development or higher education experience are preferred. The ability to work effectively with many diverse constituencies and audiences should be evident. Other important characteristics include a strong work ethic, high standards for excellence, personal integrity, and emotional intelligence. The person must embody values of caring, compassion, justice, integrity, and competence, and be capable of treating all members of the school community with fairness, dignity, and respect.
This job description is intended as a guide for the performance of your job and it is not a contract of employment. Starr King School for the Ministry retains the discretion to modify this job description at any time.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to:
Attn.: Jessica Cloud
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF or MS Word documents only, please)
For more information about the school, please visit our website: www.sksm.edu
Starr King School for the Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons from traditionally underrepresented populations are especially encouraged to apply.
Apply for Annual Giving Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Alumni Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oakland