Nine-Month Dental Hygiene/Dental Assisting Program Head
Nine-Month Dental Hygiene/Dental Assisting Program Head
Wytheville Community College (WCC) is seeking applications for a Dental Hygiene Program Head. The Dental Hygiene Program Head position serves as the program administrator for the Dental Hygiene program and the Dental Assisting Program. The position is responsible for compliance with American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation Standards for Dental Hygiene, the oversight of the didactic component of the curriculum, the WCC Dental Clinic, recruitment and evaluation of adjunct faculty and dentists, admission and retention of students, and supervision of faculty.
- A current licensed dental hygienist or dentist (either by the Virginia Board of Dentistry or eligible for a Virginia license) who is a graduate of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) and possesses a Master’s degree or higher, and who has a background in education and the professional experience necessary to understand and fulfill the program goals;
- At least two years of clinical experience with nonsurgical periodontal therapy;
- Administrative and instructional experience;
- Ability to provide positive leadership with accreditation, budget oversight, curriculum development and management. as well as supervision and evaluation of students, faculty., and staff, Comprehensive knowledge of Dental Hygiene theories, concepts, and practices with the ability to navigate complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations;
- Ability to independently set goals and determine the best course of action to achieve desired results;
- Demonstrated advanced project management skills;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with a results-oriented mindset.
- Excellent written, verbal. and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to work with diverse populations and provide excellent customer service to faculty, staff, students, and the general public;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a dynamic and changing work environment requiring flexibility and teamwork;
- Ability to confidentially and discreetly handle matters requiring privacy and sensitivity;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and resolve conflicts in a productive manner;
- Ability to positively promote and represent the Dental Hvgiene Program and Dental Assisting Program; and
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Leadership experience, including accreditation management/compliance, budget oversight, curriculum development and management, supervision and evaluation of
Students, faculty, and staff, student and faculty/affiliates; recruitment, and inter-professional service activities;
- Experience directing or coordinating higher education programs, (community college and/or 4-year college or university);
- Experience with grant writing and procurement;
- Experience with clinical and inter-professional education;
- Full-time experience teaching in a dental hygiene, CODA accredited program;
- Experience with CODA accreditation standards for dental hygiene and a CODA Self-Study narrative;
- Experience with Eaglesoft dental software;
- Experience with CDCA clinical exams or other regional clinical examinations;
- Knowledge of online learning management platforms for higher
Education, such as Canvas; and
- Experience with online video platforms, such as Zoom.
The position reports to the Dean of Health Professions and Medical
Interested persons are required to apply by using the on-line application process through the Virginia state-wide job listing at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com
Applicants are also required to include a cover letter, current resume or CV, and an unofficial copy of college transcripts along with the completed application submittal. Only complete application documentation will be considered; partial submissions will not be considered. If there are multiple transcripts, combine all transcripts into one file before uploading. Application documents will be received until the position is filled; however, an initial review of the applicant pool will occur on June 1, 2021
Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276-223-4700.
The individual selected will be subject to a criminal history/sex offender background check and e-verify for employment eligibility as a condition of employment.
Any questions regarding application document submission can be directed to HR@wcc.vccs.edu.
Wytheville Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Malinda Eversole, Director of Human Resources, 111 Smyth Hall, 1000 East Main Street, Wytheville VA 24382, 276-223-4769.
For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Wytheville
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Wytheville
- Dentistry Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Wytheville
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Wytheville
- Academic Affairs Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Wytheville