Assistant Professor / Lecturer (Chin. Language Education/Chin. Language/Drama and Theatre Education)
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, The Open
University of Hong Kong today is the largest self-financing
university in Hong Kong and has developed into a dynamic,
innovative, full-fledged university comprising 6 Schools.
The University has been offering full-time programmes since 2001 and joined the Joint University Programmes Admission System (JUPAS) since 2007. Currently, the University offers about 200 programmes of studies with around 10,000 full-time undergraduates and 1,000 postgraduates, and more than 8,000 part-time students in its 5 Schools namely School of Arts and Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, School of Education and Languages, School of Nursing and Health Studies and School of Science and Technology. In addition, there are more than 2,000 full-time and 2,000 part-time students studying in Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE).
The University strives to provide high quality and flexible university education at various levels, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong. We are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
We are now inviting applications for the following post in the School of Education and Languages:
Assistant Professor / Lecturer (Chinese Language Education, Chinese Language, Drama and Theatre Education) (Ref.: 21000PO)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- planning, developing, coordinating and delivering courses (including face-to-face and distance learning modes) in related disciplines at the undergraduate, taught and research postgraduate levels;
- undertaking/engaging in programme administration/development and scholarly activities; and
- participating in School/University activities and administration.
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- an earned doctoral degree in Chinese Language / Chinese Language Education or a related discipline with relevant experience in school teaching and / or tertiary education, preferably including course administration;
- relevant teaching qualification and experience in the Hong Kong education system and the Chinese Language curriculum in local schools are preferred;
- relevant qualification and / or experience in drama education and applied theatre in the Hong Kong education system are preferred;
- a record of research and peer-reviewed publications, and / or involvement in professional and community services & activities; and
- a good command of written and spoken Chinese (preferably including Putonghua); a reasonable command of English is preferred.
Candidates without a doctorate but possess some experience may be considered at the level of Lecturer.
Applicants may apply for Assistant Professor or Lecturer. Applicants should mark on the CV the position(s) for which they wish to be considered.
Competitive compensation package including basic salary,
end-of-contract gratuity and discretionary incentive (if any) will
be offered to the right candidate. Fringe benefits such as
generous annual leave, staff learning and development sponsorship,
medical & dental benefits and life insurance coverage will also
Application should be made online through the University’s
Deadline: 27 May 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Humanities Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Other Humanities Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong