University of Idaho
Facilities & Operations Superintendent
Location: Off Campus Location - TWRS/McCall/Cascade
Division/College: College of Natural Resources
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $20.60 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position (Superintendent), based in McCall, ID, will oversee all facility operations at the Taylor Wilderness Research Station (TWRS) and assist with facility operations at the McCall Field Campus (MFC) The Superintendent will support operations, facilities & grounds relating to all research and academic programming at TWRS and will ensure that all buildings & grounds, research, programming, and maintenance equipment deployed meets the needs of faculty, staff and students. The Superintendent, reporting to the Business Operations Supervisor, will develop annual facilities work plans, maintenance schedules, equipment acquisition and liquidation. The Superintendent will assess facilities needs for long-term functionality of TWRS, develop project plans including new construction, remodeling, major renovations and similar multi-layered projects related to station wide management. The Superintendent will collaborate with the Director of Academic Programs for TWRS to ensure facilities meet programming and research needs. The Superintendent will be responsible for meeting all university rules, regulations and policies of the facility. The Superintendent will serve as a team member with the MFC Facility Manager to provide assistance at either property as needed related to facility management.
• High school degree or GED.
• 3+ years’ experience in facility, property, and operations management.
• Experience in performing maintenance and repairs involving carpentry, plumbing, electrical and general buildings and grounds maintenance.
• Experience using power tools, machinery and farm equipment.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience in construction trades.
• Experience in project management and oversight.
• Experience working at a remote or field-based facility & grounds; experience as a Wilderness First Responder. (WFR)/Wilderness EMT, or other emergency response skills.
• Experience working in a university/academic environment.
• Experience in handling, feeding, and packing livestock for use on remote trails.
• Experience in forestry skills including wildland fire preparedness and initial attack, tree falling, chainsaw certification and other forestry skills related to managing a forested campus environment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Must be able to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move 90 pounds.
• Must be able to climb and work from ladders, stand and walk continuously, and operate power equipment and automotive vehicles.
• Nights and weekends may be required.
• Schedule may vary depending on season and need.
• Must be able to work during inclement weather.
Posting Number: SP002818P
Posting Date: 05/07/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Priority application deadline is June 4th, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.