Campus Card Specialist
University of Idaho
Campus Card Specialist
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.35 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The primary focus of this position is to support the University's mission by providing campus card services to the University community, students, staff, faculty, and affiliates. This position reports to the Student Technology Center Supervisor and duties include using excellent customer service skills to resolve and document customer questions and requests in person, by phone or by email, and assist customers with technical questions or direct customers to the appropriate University group or service. Additionally, the Campus Card Specialist will be called upon to assist with and participate in special projects working with other units within ITS to coordinate with campus card stakeholders and partners.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1 year experience in a technical support job.
• 1 year customer service experience.
• Knowledge of effective customer service practices.
• Knowledge of information technology concepts including but not limited to, internet etiquette, common software, basic computer and device trouble shooting, basic networking terms and processes.
• Possess good written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal, organizational and documentation skills; troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to maintain a professional image.
• Ability to work comfortably with technology.
• Ability to work under general supervision and/or in a team environment.
• Perform independently, completing assigned duties within timelines.
• Evaluate needs and advise customers on the best course of action.
• Professional experience with Microsoft Office 365.
• Professional experience with Multi Factor Authentication software, SQL Databases, Enterprise applications, VPN or other remote support software.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Lift, carry, or otherwise move paper boxes and computer equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Posting Number: SP002824P
Posting Date: 05/12/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position open until filled by qualified applicant. Applications received prior to June 2, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.