Woodbury University Invites applications for an Office Assistant in the office of Admissions. This position reports to the Assoc, VP of Admissions and is supervised by the Senior Office Assistant for day-to-day operations. Responsibilities include application processing, recruitment travel scheduling and customer service. Administrative duties include processing of all admission applications, incoming mail, direct email, phone and walk-in inquiries. The position requires exercise of independent judgment and may involve handling of sensitive or confidential information. The Office Assistant is expected to foster a collaborative work environment while balancing the needs of our students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide customer service for the admission front office day-to-day activities.
- Accept, screen and route email and telephone calls.
- Greet and direct visitors, as appropriate, concerning activities and operations of the Admissions department.
- Schedule appointments and visits.
- Sort, screen, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Receive and respond to correspondence (some of which may be confidential); proofread, revise and edit other material for accuracy, thoroughness and appropriateness.
- Maintain all components of admission applications, including processing of applications, entering documents, maintaining status information, and processing admission letters and packages.
- Process and maintain records in Ellucian: Power Campus and Hobsons: EMT databases.
- Problem-solve routine and non-routine administrative issues.
- Prepare photocopies, facsimiles, and operate a variety of office equipment.
- Coordinate admission recruitment events.
- High school diploma or GED required (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- 2-3 years of administrative experience (higher education experience preferred)
- Consistently demonstrates polished interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise judgment in order to shift priorities, organize multiple tasks simultaneously, and work with minimal direction.
- Detail orientated and organized.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word, PPT, Excel…)
- Experience working with PowerCampus and Hobsons.
- Availability to work weekends and evenings
- Close vision, hearing, listening, and clear speech
- Hand and fingers dexterity
- Continuous sitting, walking and picking up items up to 25lbs
- Simple to complex reading, writing, and clerical skills
- Ability to utilize office equipment such as computers and copiers
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs. All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability, skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, membership or non-membership in any lawful organization, or any other protected status