IQuESt: The Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, is seeking a postdoctoral fellow in the fields of data science or machine learning to join our team at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. As the largest center for Health Services Research in the Southwest, our mission is to improve health and well-being through innovations in health care delivery. A critical aspect of this research is to utilize qualitative research methods to 1) gain a fuller patient-centered understanding of the needs of patients and their experiences in the quality of care and 2) understand how evidence-based practices are implemented throughout the healthcare system.
This position will be expected to conduct original research in one of the most extensive national electronic health records(EHR) in the U.S. Areas of research include natural language processing, machine learning, statistical learning, deep nets, theoretical computer science, computer vision, etc. This fellowship should be an excellent opportunity for outstanding, fresh Ph.D. graduates who hope to spend one or two years in a research lab before going to academia or industry. The selected candidate will be an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual who is passionate about contributing to the field of health services research.
- Develop text mining algorithms to extract information from free-text patient notes.
- Build Natural Language Processing systems through innovation and experimentation.
- Develop infrastructure for cleaning and processing data. Run experiments to evaluate system performance.
- Perform error analysis; suggest and implement improvements.
- Test, debug, and harden complex pipelines of NLP components.
- Provide weekly update reports and present the outcomes in the local, national, and international conferences.
- Prepare drafts of manuscripts for journal submissions.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Ph.D. in quantitative filed such as computer science or a related field.
- Expertise in MATLAB or R or Python or SAS
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston