Senior Program Management Associate
Baylor College of Medicine's Department of Education, Innovation and Technology (EIT) seeks an energetic and experienced Senior Program Management Associate.
The Department provides in-person and web-based education and resources for educators of all levels, students, and the general public—all designed to improve the quality of science and health teaching and learning.The qualified candidate will be expected to serve as the primary point of contact and coordinator for student programs, educator workshops and other courses offered by the department. The candidate will have experience in the field of K-12, undergraduate, graduate or health professions education, experience working with members of the educational community at all levels, ability to conduct outreach to current and prospective school partners, ability to provide technical assistance and training to consultants and volunteers, and experience facilitating workshops and summer programs. The candidate will be familiar with standard approaches to program evaluation and have superior written and spoken communication skills.
The Senior Program Management Associate will report to the Chair of the Department of Education Innovation and Technology. The Program Manager will office on the McGovern campus and be the primary contact for questions and information regarding the Centers' educational programs.
- Organize programs, projects and activities following the mission and goals of the organization.
- Analyze program/project goals and develop plans/processes for project deadlines and completion.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout the life cycle of program.
- Manage evaluation methods to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement; and prepare preliminary evaluation reports of program effectiveness.
- Transparently communicate with stakeholders regarding program issues and decisions on services.
- Manage and monitor the budget and operating plan for programs.
- Plan and coordinate summer learning experiences for high school and undergraduate students. Supervise summer program support staff.
- Plan and coordinate workshops and short courses for Baylor faculty members on topics related to teaching and learning. Communicate with participants and speakers, develop agendas and administer evaluation surveys.
- Assist in compiling or writing educational grant proposals to local and national agencies.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in field (education, health or science) is preferred.
- Experience in complex project management roles related to education, event coordination, award or grant submissions, course planning, program evaluation, or related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse team members.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and knowledge to deal tactfully and courteously with faculty, staff, learners and community members.
- Ability to work independently, identify needs and implement solutions, manage complex projects, and meet competing deadlines.
- Prior experience with course planning, curriculum development or other educational activities at the K-12, undergraduate or advanced degree level.
- Experience with the writing and submission of educational grants and project reports.
- Experience with learning management systems for course
creation, such as Blackboard.
- MS Office Software, including MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (high level of competency preferred).
- Project management
- Survey Monkey
- Zoom and other web conferencing platforms
- Blackboard or other learning management system
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.