The Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine section within the
Department of Medicine seeking a Registered Nurse II with clinical
and administrative responsibilities supporting the clinical
operations. This individual will provide clinical and
administrative support to the team. Duties include but are not
limited to desktop/phone triage, patient procedure scheduling and
follow-up, assisting with outpatient procedures and other tasks
necessary to facilitate patient care. The position requires a
person able to lead and work well with a diverse team.
- Ensures efficient operation of the clinic by scheduling and
planning for use of staff, supplies, and equipment.
- Assists physicians with treatment room examination and
procedures on patients.
- Schedules appointments, tests, and examinations with hospital
and other doctor’s offices.
- Instructs patients concerning the preparations needed for tests
and surgical procedures.
- Communicates with other health care professionals regarding
orders and care of patients including peer to peer reviews,
medication refills, pre-authorizations, etc.
- Executes physician orders and administers medications and
treatments for patients and documents appropriately in EHR.
- Provides telephone triage to patients and ensures patients
receive the right level of care.
- Monitors clinical staff members by directing, guiding, and
influencing the outcome of an individual’s performance and
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks, and orders
treatment room and emergency cart supplies.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among
health care teams by communicating information, responding to
requests, and building rapport by participating in team
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of
Texas Board of Nursing. Basic Life Support (BLS)
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.