Assistant to the Dean / Academic Affairs
Assistant to the Dean / Academic Affairs
9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Assistant to the Dean / Academic Affairs .
Provide administrative support to the various Collin College Deans and respective divisions. Ensure compliance and implementation of state and institutional policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Human Resources and Payroll to maintain accurate labor distribution of divisional staff, full and part-time. Ensure proper submission of accurate faculty load reports. Maintain division status reports on topics such as course banking; sabbaticals; study grants; professional development activities and travel; and FMLA absences for full-time division faculty. Maintain current knowledge of relevant college policies, processes and procedures appropriate to such duties as faculty workload, extra service and special contracts, release time, compensation, and schedule building.
- Represent the Dean in communication with students, volunteers, faculty, staff, general public, providing accurate information in a timely and courteous manner. Support the Dean in outreach and partnership activities.
- Serve as back up to the divisional Administrative Assistant(s) as requested/needed.
- Process and maintain college, divisional and departmental forms as related to the Dean's office. Assist the Dean in reviewing professional travel requests and expenditure reports.
- Prepare faculty load for approvals.
- Back up the Dean in organizing the review and editing of college publications related to the division, including electronic publications. Assist the Dean in maintaining all media forms, online and print, associated with the division.
- Share Advisory Committee responsibilities with the Administrative Assistant(s) to include, but not limited to working with the Associate Dean(s) or directors to schedule meetings, notifying committee members, taking and typing minutes, maintaining committee files.
- Maintain updated THECB and Collin College course inventory data. Maintain course revisions and catalog edits.
- Assist the Dean with inputting and monitoring the annual budget. Maintain inventory records for the division. Frequently review financial data to resolve non-salary deficits; verify non-salary changes to financial backup documents.
- As requested by the Dean, work with Associate Dean(s) and the Dean, assisting as needed with the inputting, proofing and revision of class schedules, researching and preparing statistical reports related to class schedules, enrollments and other topics.
- Process division purchase requisitions for supplies and equipment, follow up on the requests and maintain relevant records of all purchasing.
- Analyze and monitor divisional and departmental monthly accounting reports, ensuring that all expenditures are authorized, accurately recorded and charged to the correct cost center and account. Prepare budget adjustment form to transfer funds when necessary. Collect and deposit funds to the appropriate accounts in the Bursar's office from various departments within the division.
- Provide clear and precise communication with employees at all levels, with students, and with community members. Review communications of various types and refer to appropriate department, faculty or staff for disposition. Prepare communication as requested and ensure all documents and correspondence is filed appropriately. Collect data and prepare reports as requested. Research information and complete forms, verify a wide variety of information for appropriate communication as requested and according to laws, policies and procedures.
- Schedule various conferences and meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records (in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
At least 60 semester hours or two (2) additional years of directly-related experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of college policies, procedures and Core Values
- Knowledge of multiple software systems including CougarMart
- Knowledge of budget principles and financial reporting
- Knowledge of college policies regarding completion of forms
- Strong organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow-up with vendors and other departments
- Ability to use multiple software systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student records
- Ability to use office equipment including phone, printer, and fax scanner
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $37,169.00 - 40,886.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.