Postdoctoral Associate - Olfactory Function (74194)
The McIntyre Lab in the Department of Neuroscience at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida is recruiting a postdoctoral associate. The lab is focused on the cellular and molecular mechanisms that underlie olfactory function. We are looking for scientists interested in working in a research programs focused on the modulation of the sense of smell in the olfactory bulb through primary cilia signaling. The lab employs electrophysiology, functional imaging, immunofluorescence, and behavioral techniques to address our goals. Postdocs will also be encouraged to develop independent projects that fit the general mission of the lab, with the ultimate goal of independence. The successful candidate will join a vibrant center of researchers interested in Smell and Taste ( www.cst.ufl.edu ), a strong Department of Neuroscience, and a College of Medicine with numerous opportunities to collaborate.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Physiology, or related field
- Experience with electrophysiology
- Experience with calcium imaging
- Experience with molecular biology
- Expertise in computer programming (e.g. Lab View Matlab)
- Experience with mouse models
To be considered for this position, apply at http://apply.interfolio.com/87524 and include:
- Cover letter detailing previous research and interest in our lab (1 page maximum)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Contact information for at least three academic references.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions may be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. McIntyre at email@example.com . For more information, please visit www.jmcintyrelab.org .
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/ .
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville