Director of Research Compliance
Director of Research Compliance
Brooklyn College seeks to hire a professional with the background and experience to oversee and manage research compliance related to grants and contacts from the federal, NYS and local government and other agencies in the context of existing rules and policies of the City University of New York (CUNY) The Director provides education, training and administrative support and coordination for the research community on Responsible Conduct of Research, the Human Research Protection Program, Conflict of Interest, Research Agreements, and other related areas. The Director works closely with other administrators in Academic Affairs to provide oversight for compliance with grant and other funding requirements.
Responsibilities of the Research Compliance Officer
- Review existing college compliance practices for conformity to current Federal and other guidelines
- Conduct investigations in areas where compliance issues are found and work with the institution to bring compliance into agreement with all appropriate policies and practices
- Develop training and materials to educate faculty and staff about compliance policies and protocols
- Develop and implement a compliance program to ensure the organization operates in accordance with all relevant federal laws for grants and contracts
- Determine compliance metrics and establish and maintain systems for tracking compliance practices
- Remain up to date on federal compliance guidelines related to Federal grants and contacts and CUNY policies and contribute to updating College policies accordingly and inform College officials of relevant changes in the context of current compliance policies
- Perform compliance audits to determine whether established protocols are being followed and where they can be improved
- Maintain up- to-date written documentation and policies related to the organization's business activities and file reports on a timely basis about the status of institutional compliance
- Create compliance resource library for staff members to reference when they have questions
- Responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications for the Compliance Officer
- Master’s degree with at least 8 years prior experience in compliances, research administration, contract management or law preferred; a combination of relevant work experience and education in these target areas will be considered
- Superior attention to detail to identify and suggest corrections for possible compliance issues
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and to collaborate effectively with Brooklyn College faculty, staff and administrators to insure a high level of institutional compliance
- Strong knowledge of all relevant compliance protocols and best practices in Federal compliance issues
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies
- Superior time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines
- High professional and ethical standards
Salary range: $75,000-$85,000 depending on credentials
Application review will commence on June 21, 2021.
How To Apply
Please submit your application online by visiting https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=BK-2105-004009.
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/American with Disabilities Act/E-Verify Employer.