The Program Assistant supports the general office functions and administrative support functions of the Office of TRIO & Outreach Programs.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Serves as a public contact for the program and answers inquiries by e-mail, mail, telephone, and in person.
• Responds to routine and moderately complex questions or issues regarding policies, procedures, and processes and ensures compliance at the unit level.
• Coordinates travel arrangements, makes reservations, and processes reimbursements.
• Prepares, reviews, and performs input of human resources documents and data.
• Maintains and updates lists, prepares mailings, and performs data entry.
• Drafts documents, correspondence, spreadsheets, contracts and reports.
• Assists with preparation of newsletters and promotional materials.
• Creates or maintains unit filing systems or workflows.
• Maintains office supply inventory, interacts with vendors, or serves as unit contact for space, equipment or facility issues.
• Updates web pages.
• Compiles fiscal information, processes fees or expenditures, and assists fiscal reporting.
• May assist in arranging or supporting events.
• Compiles information concerning the transactional processing of fees or expenditures; tracks accounts for fiscal reporting.
Maintains an active role in the departments’ social media presence, updating platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Flickr, and Eagle Link
Organizes trainings, schedules, and work tasks for Student Office Assistants.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years of relevant full-time general office experience.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Education, Marketing, Business, Accounting, or closely related field.
Work experience in a higher education setting.
Experience with marketing and promotion.
Experience with Workday.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
Ability to operate office equipment including personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, and calculator.
Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and environments.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and accurately.
Ability to understand and follow directions.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
$15.57 hourly ($32,500 annual)
Review of Applications begin on May 24, 2021.
The Office is comprised of five college access programs, three of which this position will directly support: TRIO Student Support Services Classic, TRIO Student Support Services STEM, and TRIO Talent Search. Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, all three TRIO programs are to provide advancement opportunities to students through programming and services aimed at academic, career, financial, and personal development.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers