Locksmith Helper - (STA007387)
Assists locksmith in daily routine of filing key requests, cutting keys, updating shop inventory, and maintaining university locks. Operates engraving machine for campus signage and installs finished products. Maintains building directories.
- Provides new keys for university personnel; issues keys to area shops for use throughout the university.
- Operates an engraving machine and installs finished products, such as building directories, door signs, room number plaques, and name plates.
- Prepares lock cores for installation; removes broken keys from locks.
- Repairs locks; i.e., changes functions, files strick plates, furnishes missing hardware, etc.
- Conducts inspections campus-wide for missing signs and loose hardware.
- Compiles and distributes weekly key reports to all area shops which have keys in use.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Nine years of school and No experience.
Requires ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow oral and/or basic written instructions as might normally be acquired through 9 to 11 years of formal schooling. No experience is required.
Additional information / Preferred Qualifications:
At least 6 months or more Locksmith experience preferred.
Experience operating an engraving machine a plus.
Experience cutting keys a plus.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.