Coordinator, Mercy Center for Spiritual Life
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
The Coordinator, Mercy Center for Spiritual Life provides administrative support for the Director and staff of the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life and manages organizational and business needs of the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life and Our Lady of Mercy Chapel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the Director of the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life and support daily operational activities of the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life in an efficient manner.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls; receive, assist, and host visitors to the office in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Order and maintain office supplies for the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life.
- Record and transcribe minutes for all staff meetings and maintain and organize all related records, cloud and paper files.
- Prepare and edit office correspondence, emails, reports, agendas, schedules, announcements, confidential materials and other related materials as directed by the Director of the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life.
- File and maintain all office and Roman Catholic Church records; obtain necessary documents for sacraments and register with local parish as necessary.
- Maintain organization of Mercy Center for Spiritual Life space and serve as liaison with Facilities.
Marketing & Communications Support:
Develop and oversee marketing and communications operations for the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life including related websites and online communications, digital signage, integrated social media outreach, posters and print publications. Serve as liaison with the Office of Communications.
Independently manage budgetary needs of the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life including preparing check requisitions and purchase orders, maintaining budget spreadsheets and monthly reconciliation of procurement card accounts, and compiling monthly and yearend financial reports.
- Coordinate requests for Mass intentions for the deceased and living in concert with University Chaplain.
- Organize the Campus Ministry liturgical and special events calendars.
- Assist campus ministers in preparing for retreats, projects, programs, alternative spring breaks and other functions including washing and ironing chapel linens and cleaning vestments.
- Supervise general work of federal work study students.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as required by the Director of the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life.
- Some college or professional training required.
- A Bachelor's degree and experience in higher education preferred.
- Proficient computer skills required, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) and familiarity with the Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign), as well as the capacity to learn and use campus information technology and manage databases.
- Strong oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative in approaching tasks.
- Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Newport