Administrative Assistant III, Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Posting Number C00105P Quick Link for Position https://jobs.uafs.edu/postings/1845 Working Title Administrative Assistant III, Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Position Number Department Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion About the University
For more than 6,000 students each semester, the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith offers a dynamic and diverse learning community with a student-centered approach focused on the success of the individual. Small class sizes combine with innovative, hands-on learning and research experiences alongside expert faculty to ensure students receive a future-focused education at the most affordable tuition rate in the state. The university has undergone significant changes since its founding in 1928 and now offers 51 bachelor’s and associate degrees, two master’s degrees, and 36 certificate programs, all aimed at preparing students for success in the global workforce. UAFS is one of 21 academic institutions and affiliates governed by the University of Arkansas System.
The second-largest city in the state, Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Established in 1817 as a frontier military post, Fort Smith is now a vibrant and growing city featuring a variety of cultural activities and entertainment options, including a thriving downtown arts and entertainment district. Outdoors enthusiasts will appreciate the Natural State’s plentiful trails, mountains, forests, parks, and waterways, both within city limits and throughout the surrounding area. The city is also within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Memphis.
The UAFS campus is comprised of 77 buildings and facilities located on 170 beautifully manicured acres and crowned with the Donald W. Reynolds Campus Plaza, Tower, and Campus Green. Students who choose to live on campus may do so in one of two residence hall complexes, complete with a full-service dining center, or the on-campus apartment complex for married students and upperclassmen. Campus involvement is encouraged by participation in more than 100 registered student organizations, which includes academic societies, a dynamic Greek life system, intramural sports, and cultural/special interest groups. The UAFS Lions compete in NCAA Division II Lonestar Conference in men’s baseball, women’s volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, golf, cross country, and tennis.
About the College / Department Position Summary
Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The position reports to the Executive Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Summary of Job Duties
• Provide high-level administrative support by handling information requests.
• Manage and perform clerical functions, such as answering the phone, maintaining files, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, managing calendars, processing travel requests, budgeting, reconciliation of purchasing/travel card, and processing travel reimbursements for the Office of Diversity, Equity, and inclusion.
• Event planning and management.
• Work independently and as part of a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects and tasks.
• Assist in the preparation and editing of various documents, including reports, correspondence, presentations, and minutes; and provide signature-ready correspondence for the Executive Director.
• Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating necessary supplies, placing orders, verifying receipt of supplies.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork and by providing leadership to subordinates and assisting in creating and maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for the office.
• Requires consistent on-time attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree
• 3-5 years of experience working in an office setting
Other related education/and or experience may be substituted.
License(s)/Certifications Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of the Ellucian Banner System
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products, e.g., Word and the Word merge feature; Excel spreadsheets and formulas, including the ability to translate raw data into understandable tables and charts; Outlook email and calendar; and PowerPoint charts and graphs.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Exceptional customer service ethic and high personal expectations for quality.
• Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
• Ability to coordinate projects and events.
• Ability to react quickly and accurately and maintain a high level of professional conduct and courtesy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to build relationships and maintain trust using the highest standard of ethics, including the ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both with the written and spoken word.
• Ability to independently prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; compile and analyze information skillfully and independently; and employ innovative thinking.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, to manage competing demands and unexpected events.
• Ability to follow instructions and respond to management direction.
Special Job Dimensions
Work performed in an office setting with no exposure to hazardous conditions, materials, or equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee frequently sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands and walks. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 10 pounds. May transport books and materials to and from other areas of the campus. Local travel to pick up orders and supplies, delivery of meeting materials, and to assist with off-campus events. Incumbent will be required to depart the primary duty location to attend meetings elsewhere on campus. Office hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; extended hours are occasionally required.
Office hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; extended hours are occasionally required.
Salary $25,268 Benefits
Competitive benefits package.
Background Check / Pre-Employment Screening
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Does this position require a background check? Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) Check
Open Date 05/11/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, please apply by June 8, 2021.
Anticipated start date 07/01/2021 EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, dedicated to attracting and supporting diverse student, faculty, and staff populations. The University welcomes applications without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Proof of Veteran Status
- Additional Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that failure to complete the Employment
History section of the application will result in automatic
- * Did you complete the Employment History section of the
- * Have you ever been fired or asked to resign from a job?
- If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith