Database Administration Associate
IQuESt: The Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, is seeking an experienced database analyst and programmer to join our team at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX. As the largest center for Health Services Research in the Southwest, our mission is to improve health and well-being through innovations in health care delivery. A critical aspect of this research is to utilize research methods to 1) gain a fuller patient-centered understanding of the needs of patients and their experiences in the quality of care and 2) understand how evidence-based practices are implemented throughout the healthcare system.
This position will be expected to provide key data extraction, management, exploratory data analysis, and reporting services to research investigators working with health care administrative and electronic health record data. The ideal candidate will have database management experience and will be skilled in using SQL, SAS, and other statistical programming tools (e.g., R Stats). Essential to the role is a dedication to assessing and communicating the quality of data sources and iterative problem-solving in partnership with research investigators to arrive at optimal approaches to data preparation and analysis to answer essential research questions. The selected candidate will be an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual who is passionate about contributing to the field of health services research.
- Documents data extraction, data preparation (including linking datasets), data management, and data analysis plans for research projects.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains programs that support answering a range of research questions. Includes designing for reproducibility through programming and documentation that maps the path from original datasets through quality checks and analysis decisions to analysis output.
- Designs and develops research databases (e.g., using MS Access) for research participant recruiting and tracking and/or for research project data management.
- Configures and customizes data management and statistical software for specific research project needs.
- Advises research investigators and staff on hardware and software that are appropriate for specific research needs and approved for use by the organization.
- Applies existing custom research software previously developed by others as part of long-term research projects, adapting as needed for changes in data sources and new research questions.
- Serves as a technical resource for research investigators and research staff.
- Bachelor's degree. Two years of relevant experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- Experience with SQL, SAS, and other statistical software.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston