The programmer will be responsible for the processing, analysis,
and modeling of large-scale and complex biological data. The
position will offer great exposure to data science and advanced
machine learning. The Bioinformatics Programmer will have
authorship in any publication resulting from these studies. This
position reports directly to the PI.
Hassan Samee Lab (bcm.edu)
- Use genomics tools to process biological datasets such as
single-cell transcriptomics and population genetic datasets.
- Implement statistical and machine learning algorithms in Python
for the above datasets. Examples include generative deep neural
networks and high dimensional embedding algorithms.
- Document and maintain the codebase and the complete
- Aid the PI in reporting the models and analyses in
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Biological Science, or a
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Fluent in Python (or R) programming
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Prior experience with statistics and machine learning
libraries, such as scikit-learn/caret, TensorFlow/PyTorch
- Prior experience with the UNIX operating system
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.