Bioinformatics Programmer II
The programmer will be responsible for the processing, analysis, and modeling of large-scale and complex biological data. The position will offer great exposure to data science and advanced machine learning. The Bioinformatics Programmer will have authorship in any publication resulting from these studies. This position reports directly to the PI. Hassan Samee Lab (bcm.edu)
- Use genomics tools to process biological datasets such as single-cell transcriptomics and population genetic datasets.
- Implement statistical and machine learning algorithms in Python for the above datasets. Examples include generative deep neural networks and high dimensional embedding algorithms.
- Document and maintain the codebase and the complete workflow.
- Aid the PI in reporting the models and analyses in manuscripts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Biological Science, or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Fluent in Python (or R) programming
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Prior experience with statistics and machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn/caret, TensorFlow/PyTorch
- Prior experience with the UNIX operating system
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston