Lead Sales Associate
University of Idaho
Lead Sales Associate
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.00 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Lead Sales Associate is responsible for supporting the VandalStore Mission and producing core outcomes: Student Success, Customer Experience, Great Product, and Great Environment. The position focuses on training, cash handling, inventory controls, and scheduling. It is a supervisory role that will provide excellent customer service and leads and trains a team for success.
- High School diploma or GED
Professional retail work experience that includes:
- Working with product merchandising, pricing, inventory controls and sales promotions;
- Successfully leading and training a team;
- Providing customer service, both in person and over the phone;
- Using computers to communicate with email, enter, retrieve and edit data;
- Operating and trouble shooting a POS system;
- Following oral and written instructions, policies and procedures;
- Working in a multi-task environment.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Possess a valid driver’s license and ability to meet the University of Idaho driving requirements;
- Minimum of one year of retail/customer service experience;
- Experience with cash handling;
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage many projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Willingness and ability to:
- Work weekends;
- Bend, stoop, lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing up to approximately 50 pounds;
- Stand and walk continuously throughout the shift.
Posting Number: SP002820P
Posting Date: 05/10/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by May 24, 2021 will be given first consideration.
In your cover letter, using details and examples, please address all of the required and preferred qualifications for this position and how your experience and skills align. The information provided in your cover letter will be used to determine eligibility for an interview, and demonstrate your communications skills.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.