Director, Business Operations
The School of Medicine Director, Business Operations reports directly to the School of Medicine Dean (SOM Dean) and serves as the administrative leader for SOM. Together with the SOM Dean, the Director is accountable for managing the SOM financial, operational and human resources, developing and maintaining efficient and effective administrative infrastructure and ensure current and long-term business and operational goals are met. This role manages cross-functional team members from each of the SOM programs and divisions to ensure administrative operations such as Finance, Administration, and Human Resources are functioning efficiently and effectively.
Strategic Planning and Implementation:
• Develop, obtain approval for, and direct short and long-term strategic business plans for the SOM, in alignment with overall institutional priorities while actively serving as the senior financial and administrative manager.
• Prepare business analyses, funding plans, and develop proposals; implement plans for new programs; and design and execute changes to existing programs.
• Direct strategic business, policy development, and operational planning in concert with the SOM Dean.
• Plan and manage all financial areas including all aspects of revenue and expense management.
• Ensure that administrative services in SOM are compliant with all applicable BCM policies and procedures.
• Provide administrative direction and coordination of day-to-day functions, including those involving other BCM entities whose work impacts the business of the SOM.
• Administrative liaison between SOM and central educational units under the Office of the Provost and central administrative units.
People Management: (support the school and divisions/Deans Office/ Staff satisfaction/growth)
• Refine and develop an administrative structure that provides the necessary level of support services needed for the SOM’s continued success and strategic development.
• Understand and appropriately implement the varied policies and procedures for staff. This requires direct engagement with the College’s Human Resources department.
• Ensure SOM employment activities and practices are in compliance with College guidelines and policies.
• Recruit, interview, select, and critically evaluate the performance of staff who report to the Director. Provide counsel for SOM Program leadership in hiring program administrative staff.
Budget and Financial Management:
• Assume the fiscal responsibility and direct the SOM’s Business Managers.
• Strategically manage financial resources for the SOM to achieve optimal utilization, including financial planning, budgeting, and accounting functions.
• Generate and analyze financial reports, metrics and other decision support data.
• Analytically review financial reports and records and initiate corrective action in coordination with the central administrative offices (e.g., COO, COS, CFO).
• Provide fiscal guidance and counsel to faculty and staff to help facilitate leadership’s ability to achieve educational goals.
• Lead the process for allocation of funding for faculty teaching and other educational efforts.
- Master's degree.
- Seven years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston