Research Coordinator II
The Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, is recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Research Coordinator to work on large clinical trials with global pharmaceutical sponsors on long-term studies involving adult patients in the treatment of liver disease. The role also involves work in observation quantitative and qualitative studies. We currently have active enrollment in multiple industry sponsored clinical trials and registries. This position will provide training for study specific activities (e.g., ECGs, clinical disease activity assessment scores, fibroscan, conduct of survey based research and interviews, etc.). Furthermore, we offer opportunities for ongoing learning and development as well as career advancement and increase to 100% FTE over time.
- Participates in the management of various aspects of clinical trials and observational studies involving human subjects.
- Works with other members of the study team - nurses, physicians, and regulatory support.
- Collects and enters data accurately in electronic databases.
- Responds to data queries.
- Conducts drug accountability.
- Ships frozen and ambient lab specimens.
- Participates in protocol-specific training.
- Works on several studies.
- Conducts surveys.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking.
- Bachelor's degree in health or science fields.
- Prior experience in research is ideal.
- Experienced with Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.