Lead, Academic Operations
The Office of the Provost seeks a Lead, Academic Operations to support key functions in academic and regulatory compliance, enterprise risk management, academic policies and education information technology. This individual will also provide support to ongoing processes for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) accreditation process at Baylor College of Medicine, as well as other key unit functions in health systems science.
This individual will work collaboratively with team members, the Associate Provosts, Deans, educational and administrative leaders at Baylor College of Medicine to fulfill key responsibilities including educational operational management for core accreditation and compliance processes, project and timeline management, procedure development and mapping, compliance monitoring, program support, policy review and collaboration with institutional compliance units to support accreditation requirements.
- Provide project and administrative management for academic and regulatory compliance, enterprise risk management, academic policies and education information technology processes and operations.
- Develop and manage dashboards, project plans and process maps to track key action items, deliverables and workflows for academic and regulatory compliance, academic policies.
- Collaborate with institutional audit and compliance units to implement enterprise risk management portfolio.
- Ensure execution of timeline for academic program compliance program through proactive monitoring and risk assessment.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, staff and administrators to support the process of academic program outcome monitoring and evaluation for SACSCOC accreditation process.
- Support key educational program compliance activities, including engagement with SACSCOC accreditation continuity, accreditation readiness cycle management and ongoing review of accreditation standards.
- Provide administrative management for health systems science initiatives within the unit.
- Maintain current knowledge of process, principles, guidelines, procedures and criteria for accreditation for SACSCOC.
- Coordinate submission of official reports, substantive change and other key SACSCOC filings.
- Collate and review required evidentiary support for SACSCOC accreditation submissions, assessing for completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Support faculty and administrators in implementing assessment plans that foster student learning, degree attainment, and post-graduation success.
- Review with academic affairs team annual assessment reports and student learning outcomes for each department to promote continuous quality improvement.
- Participate actively in academic and administrative program systematic review.
- Support curricular, co-curricular areas and administrative units in research, data collection, analysis and loop-closing related to program assessment, outcomes and impact.
- Prepare reports, slide presentations and outcomes/data reports.
- Serve as a resource for faculty and staff for training on assessment and accreditation initiatives.
- Maintain complete and timely electronic and web-based
accreditation management system and records, as
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in education or related field.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience within academic, health science or related setting with legal/paralegal experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to promote effective collaboration between diverse and complex teams.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain assessment processes and outcomes that is easy to understand by non-specialists.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks without direct supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with commitment to excellence in individual and team performance.Superior organizational skills and efficiency, with strong attention to detail.
- Education expertise in direct instruction and/or course development.Ability to meet critical deadlines and handle multiple projects at once.
- Strong work ethic, with ability to work collaboratively and productively with institutional and external programs, partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to solve problems with diplomacy and discretion, including management of issues with a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Ability to maintain and foster professionalism and respect in
all interactions with Baylor community members (including executive
leadership, faculty, students, staff, and other trainees) and
external individuals and teams.
- Ability to manage large scale, time-sensitive projects, monitor and manage timelines, deadlines and deliverables, with demonstrated measures of success.
- Experience in creating dashboards and databases and with tracking compliance and outcomes.
- Familiarity with accreditation, compliance and/or risk assessment protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation standards and processes preferred.
- Working knowledge of accreditation/assessment software.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to MS Outlook, Word, Planner, Forms, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams and Access.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.