The Analytics and Institutional Effectiveness office at Virginia Tech is looking for a creative and passionate data professional to help develop and operationalize the data and analytical solutions that help decision makers at all levels of the institution gain necessary insights to optimize the student recruitment and retention processes and improve student experience and outcomes. We are looking for a professional who is
• Passionate about data and numbers
• Innately curious and fast learners
• Self-motivated, team players with a drive to get things done.
• Design, develop, and operationalize quantitative solutions that provide actionable insights required for institutional decision making
• Drive the collection of new data and refine, process, and integrate existing data sources
• Perform data analysis, develop insights, and effectively communicate the results to the stakeholders
• Develop a deep expertise with the institution’s enrollment management data and processes, and serve as data liaison for Enrollment Management Office.
• MS in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative disciplines.
• Good understanding of statistical methods and machine learning algorithms
• Hands on experience in collecting, integrating, processing, and analyzing data
• Strong programming skills in Python, R, SQL
• Knowledge of open source or commercial data visualization libraries/tools
• Ability to think creatively, and solve problems
• Ability to work in highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
• Detail-oriented but with an ability to understand the university environment and contribute broadly to a variety of university’s goals and projects.
• PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative disciplines.
• Experience in applying a broad range of quantitative techniques (statistical modeling, machine learning…) to solve real world problems
• Experience in data collection, integration, processing and analysis
• Proficiency in Python and R
• Experience in working with relational databases and proficiency in SQL scripting
• Experience with open source or commercial data visualization tools/libraries such as Highcharts.js, Plot.ly, Tableau etc.
• Experience in cloud computing with exposure to big data technologies (AWS, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive)
Commensurate with experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: May 10, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Statistics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg