The Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Disease is seeking a highly motivated Senior Editor who provides comprehensive editing at the levels of scientific content, clarity of writing, grammar, and highlighting of significance, as well as grant proposals and manuscripts.
The ideal candidate has a strong scientific research background and passion for contributing their knowledge and experience to promote better scientific communication and has the ability to remain knowledgeable (via reading research articles and attending seminars) of the current states of fields in which members of the department conduct research. The candidate must be willing to work with graduate students, fellows, and research technicians in the department on developing and writing research manuscripts.
- Provides comprehensive editing at the levels of scientific content, clarity of writing, grammar, and highlighting of significance as well as grant proposals written by faculty members, fellows, residents, and graduate students in the department.
- Assists faculty members, fellows, residents, and graduate students in the department with editing of book chapters, correspondence, course materials, posters, brochures, and other documents.Tracks status of submitted materials.
- Assists in comprehensive editing of research abstracts and articles written.
- Acts as liaison with publishers.
- Ensures that all materials meet established standards as to appearance and content.
- Teaches graduate students, fellows, and research technicians in the department how to develop and write research manuscripts.
- Bachelor's degree in English or related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- PhD in Biological Sciences.
- Prior postdoctoral experience.
- Experience in editing grants, and research papers.
- Experience with basic science research and knowledge of clinical research.
- Excellent ability to critically evaluate research in many sub-specialties in the appropriate scientific discipline.
- Excellent ability to provide scientific criticism of grant proposals and research manuscripts.
- Ability to stay abreast of changes in the scientific review system at granting agencies.
- Have significant experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics, and the applicant must have database and Internet experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston