Part-Time Coordinator III, Academy for Lifelong Learning
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Coordinator III, Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) coordinates a campus-wide comprehensive leisure learning program for non-credit students age 50 and up in the Office of Continuing Education. Responsible for program success through all aspects of designing courses, implementation, and evaluation of future class and enrollment needs both on-line and in person. Works collaboratively with multiple volunteers and advisory council members with support for CE office personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates the daily activities of the ALL program under the direction of the CE Director. Provide support, guidance, and problem-solving capability to numerous volunteers who conduct leisure learning instruction across a wide range of subject areas online and in person
- Coordinate course schedule for the Spring and Fall semesters with the ALL curriculum committee
- Work with college faculty and external organizations to bring in new and recurring classes
- Solicit and provide communications for numerous volunteer instructors each semester; Resolve routine problems with computers, online classes, or request assistance from the IT service desk; Cancel or reschedule classes when instructor is unavailable, and notify students with CE Advisor
- Advise students via email and telephone regarding classes and follow up on recommendations to improve the ALL program
- Oversee twice-yearly open house with attendance of numerous ALL members and volunteer instructors; Ensure that staff assist in registering members both online and in person during open house and coordinate with CE Director and President’s Office
- Assist the campus director to manage the ALL Advisory Committee volunteers that provide guidance to improve and oversee functioning of the ALL Program; Attend regularly scheduled meetings serving as treasurer and liaison to CE Office
- Make any necessary purchases to facilitate the maintenance and growth of specialized ALL classes, and prepare and submit monthly p-card reports
- Coordinate with Instructional Designers to improve online courses
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Facilitation and project management skills
- Ability to lead or support as the day demands
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize own work
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel and common office and calendar software
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience working with senior citizens
- Working experience in training or education
Hourly Pay Rate is $18.45
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Distance Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston