Law Academic Services Administrator
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
Suffolk University is seeking qualified candidates to consider for the Law Academic Services Administrator role. This role is responsible for maintaining and updating office systems and information including the departmental website, the Law School's Campus Cruiser portal, query and reporting using Entrinsik Informer, building and maintaining office MS Access databases, creating statistical reports using MS Excel, updating of Colleague to facilitate student Examsoft system usage and coordinating the office's correspondence.
• Responsible for graduation and commencement information, statistical reporting, regalia listing, degree data for the commencement program, degree application tracking, and concentration, specialization, and pro bono certificates. Works collaboratively with URO to ensure accurate production of diplomas.
• Create, post, and maintain slides for the campus display monitors,
• Oversight of the database system- Datatel Colleague elements, such as Communications Management, Query and Informer report writing
• Build and maintain MS Access databases that are used to manage graduation information, exam (Accommodations, petitions, and exam rescheduling, Commencement)
• Assists with commencement (venue, program,
• Assists faculty with grade calculations
• Will work closely with the Assistant Dean of Academic Services and will be responsible for updating and maintaining all existing administrative and staff operational/procedural policies
• Other duties as assigned.
• Utilize the Examsoft software to facilitate and implement the Remote Examination process on Examsoft which includes exam posting, accommodation posting, downloading examinations
• Managing the assignment and distribution of lockers
• Converts publications to Flipping Book format
• Manages course descriptions in Colleague and on the Web;
• Accountable for data/collection/analysis and preparation of reports for decision making
• Assumes daily responsibilities in the absence of the Assistant Dean of Academic Services
• Facility with a variety of software tools, including query and report In particular the candidate will have experience in some combination of the following:
o MS Access (required)
o Datatel Colleague
o Open Text web development
o FlippingBook online publishing software
o The full MS Office Suite
• Superior customer service and communications
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make creative use of
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple, simultaneous, and competing
• Detail and result orientated, self-motivated, mature, and reliable
• Must be able to work additional hours during the academic year -this includes the May and December exam periods and Law School
• Must be friendly and outgoing and able to maintain a sense of composure for students who may be frustrated and/or confused.
• Ability to work well within a team, as well as on individually assigned
Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status, or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service, and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston