Vocational Lecturer - Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Preceptor
VOCATIONAL LECTURER - EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS) PRECEPTOR
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking Vocational Lecturers to teach Emergency Medical Services (EMS). If you have passion for teaching and learning and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
The Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Program provides students with the knowledge and skill to recognize symptoms of illness and injury. The training can range from the basics taught at the first responder level (EMR) to the highly skilled level of the paramedic. Courses blend experience in the classroom, laboratory and field preparing professionals to make quick, emergent decisions in patient management.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Must demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring and coaching students. Development and revision of courses and instructional materials as necessary.
- Post syllabi and grades
- Proctor students in a hands-on lab setting
- Must be licensed at the paramedic level by Illinois Department of Public Health or be licensed at a higher level of practice with EMS experience
- Lead instructors must hold a Lead Instructor certificate by IDPH or NAEMSE certification
- Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System or similar Learning Management System, preferred
- Prior experience with online teaching (via Zoom) and/or online teaching certification is strongly preferred
- Scholarship work, publications, committee work, and other relevant work is highly considered
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students, required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college
When applying, please attach your unofficial transcripts and include any scholarship work, publications, committee work, and other relevant engagements in your cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago