HR Administrative Specialist
Responsible for performing a variety of specialized, high level, and/or complex administrative duties for the HR Function.
Assists in the completion of complex administrative tasks and processing of documents associated with the various stages of the employee life cycle including onboarding, employee changes, and offboarding. Answers questions and provides information and data requested by internal and external customers. Uses diplomacy and communication skills to provide excellent customer service. Interprets and advises others on programs, policies, or rules. Uses discretion to make judgments based on specific operating guidelines and policies and with respect to communications and confidentiality.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Resolves non-routine, often confidential, problems in thorough and timely manner; uses discretion and assists in resolving issues and completing tasks. Performs customer service duties: answering incoming phone calls, greeting and assisting visitors, answering emails, and serving the receptionist function for the department. Assists and trains clerical student worker/s as necessary.
Completes various steps of the employment authorization/onboarding process including:
- Completion of the federal I-9 form
- Completion of E-Verify cases
- Responses to E-Verify and I-9 issues
- International hiring/visa documentation
- Assisting employees with onboarding, checking documents for completion, etc.
Performs a variety of clerical duties in the HR Front Office such as:
- Completing and tracking purchases and requisitions
- Distributing and processing mail
- Maintaining inventory of and ordering office supplies and other items
- Placing work orders, reporting and resolving building issues
- Performing research, paying invoices, responding to inquiries from external agencies, scanning/faxing documents, maintaining personnel files, running reports, data entry, taking meeting minutes, etc.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in job related field or 4+ years of relevant experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts. Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results.
Qualifications/Experience Preferred :
Customer service experience preferred.
HR, higher education, employment authorization, and/or international hiring experience preferred but not required.
Oral and written communication skills
Customer service skills
Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Will this employee supervise others?
No, this employee will NOT supervise other employees.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond