BARBER INSTRUCTOR, PART-TIME
Are you an experienced Barber with a teaching license? Do you want to give back and be instrumental in educating our future? Truman College is looking for YOU to join our team of Cosmetology and Barbering Educators! We have an exciting opportunity for passionate instructors, who will educate our future barbering professionals, and are committed to the mission of the community college. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching; commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process; and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed
- Prepare students for State Board testing and licensing
- Post the course syllabus on Brightspace, Truman College’s Learning Management System, and enter student’s grades/lab hours online
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring and coaching students
- Development and revise courses and instructional materials as necessary
- Current State Barber Teaching Licensure required
- Five (5) years of practical barbering experience
- Associate Degree and/or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!