ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – AVIATION (PART TIME)
Olive-Harvey College is currently seeking a part time instructor
for the Aviation Technology Program. Aviation
introduces the theory and basic skills needed to assist aircraft
sheet metal mechanics and to perform aircraft sheet metal
modification and repair. Students develop skills in pattern layout,
drilling, riveting, sheet metal bending, simple repairs, safely use
basic hand and machine tools, identify basic material and hardware,
common fastener installation/ removal, corrosion removal/treatment
and print reading used in aircraft maintenance.
If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to
the mission of the community college, consider joining our team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom
by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet
students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities, and promote collaboration and
teamwork among members of these communities.
We are an equal and affirmative action employer.
- Associate's degree in Aviation Maintenance, Technology,
or Management. A&P Certification OR related work experience may
substitute for the degree concentration requirement.
- Three to five years of experience teaching in the Aviation
- Knowledge of Brightspace System, preferred
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring, and coaching
- Development and revisions of courses and instructional
materials as necessary.
- Post syllabi and grades on Brightspace.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
- All interested candidates, including current City Colleges
of Chicago employees, must submit the following documents for
- A letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial
transcripts initially accepted, official transcripts must be
provided at time of interview.)
- Two letters of recommendation.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!