STEM CAMP INSTRUCTOR PART TIME
Consider joining Daley College Continuing Education Department as a
Part-Time STEM Camp Instructor. Daley College's Continuing
Education Department has an exciting opportunity for an engaging,
energetic and patient instructor to teach advanced manufacturing
and engineering skill-building to girls, ages 11-14, in a one-week
summer camp on the Daley College campus.
The STEM Camp Instructor will develop and implement an appropriate
and engaging curriculum by taking into consideration the unique
abilities and interests of participants, helping to inspire the
next generation of engineers, entrepreneurs and innovators.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-develop curriculum and daily lesson plans that utilize a
variety of makerspace and advanced manufacturing tools and
practices (including 3D printers, laser cutters, vinyl cutters,
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles,
ensuring that participants are fully engaged.
- Inspire, motivate and foster confidence in all students.
- Discuss and demonstrate the relevance of advanced manufacturing
skills in other areas of life, higher education and career options.
Connect activities to the science, technology, engineering, arts
and math fields.
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, board rules
and policies and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- Associate’s degree or higher in a STEM field and/or advanced
manufacturing, or significant professional experience
- One year teaching and/or training experience in appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with
diverse group of students and staff.