Adjunct Faculty: Music & Theatre - Music Appreciation AR9968
The Department of Music and Theatre at Xavier University is currently accepting applications for an Adjunct Instructor of Music starting in the fall of 2021 to teach Music: The Art of Listening for non-majors. Candidates should be able to help support a diverse and inclusive student community.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Music.
Preferred Qualifications: Doctorate in Music and experience teaching music appreciation.
Contracts for adjunct faculty members are issued on a semester basis. Additional courses in the spring semester of 2022 and beyond may be available to the applicant who demonstrates successful teaching in her or his first semester at Xavier.
- Deliver learner-centered instruction by establishing an inclusive classroom environment.
- Effectively plan and prepare classes to support student success.
- Administer appropriate course assessments designed adequately to assess student’s learning in connection with Xavier’s Core Curriculum.
- Use Xavier’s campus-wide LMS (Canvas), to provide course information and maintain an electronic record of student progress.
- Work cooperatively with faculty in the Department of Music and Theatre and within the College of Arts and Sciences.
Interested candidates must apply on Xavier University’s website. For additional information, please contact Dr. Morten Kristiansen, Music Program Director ( email@example.com ).
For course descriptions see Catalog .
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.