Project Assistant-Promise Housing & Child Care Project-PE
Responsible for serving as a subject matter expert support for the Student Equity Promise Program. Performs a variety of technical, analytical and administrative support duties in providing responsible staff support to the Promise Student Housing and Child Care Assistance programs.
This is a temporary, specially funded Professional Expert position to provide support for the Orange Coast College Student Equity Promise Student Housing and Child Care Assistance programs. The Professional Expert will serve as a subject matter expert specifically related to specialized programming focused on supporting student housing and child care needs.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides specialized subject matter expert support to the Student Equity Promise Center including campus and community resources supporting housing and child care needs.
- Assists with identifying and coordinating various support resources for students in need of housing and child care resources as well as tracking and monitoring those in the program.
- Assists in collaboration with other departments offices to ensure a coordinated approach to student retention activities; serves as liaison to campus housing students and prospective residents for services and resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
Education and Experience:
Experience working with student resources in higher education.
AA or the equivalent in human services; BA preferred.
Conditions of Employment
This is a professional expert position. The District reserves the right to extend, modify, or eliminate this position based upon available funds. The effective dates of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill temporary/short-term assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary/short-term assignments as the need arises. Applications will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application .
Employment is contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
- The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application.
- Answers to ALL Supplemental Questions, if any (please provide clear and detailed responses, where applicable, as they will be carefully evaluated to determine the most qualified candidate(s) to be invited for an interview; please do not paste your resume, put 'see resume' or 'N/A', or leave blank).
- A Current Resume (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended).
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
The Coast Community College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College , Golden West College , and Orange Coast College . The three colleges offer programs in transfer, general education, occupational/technical education, community services and student support services. Coastline, Golden West and Orange Coast Colleges enroll more than 60,000 students each year in more than 300 degree and certificate programs.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa