Senior Director of Individual Giving
Careers At Sidwell Friends School
Welcome to the Human Resources Department at Sidwell Friends School. Sidwell Friends prides itself in offering a high quality educational experience to those who will lead the next generation. To that end, we are seeking qualified individuals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to enhance the student experience at Sidwell Friends. We encourage you to review the job postings below and to contact us for additional information.
Senior Director of Individual Giving Department: Office of School Advancement Location: Washington, DC
Position Start Date: Immediately
Sidwell Friends, a coeducational Quaker day school with campuses located in Washington, DC and Bethesda, MD, seeks a Senior Director of Individual Giving to join our School Advancement team.
The Senior Director of Individual Giving (SDIG) will be responsible for the strategic leadership, development, and oversight of a comprehensive fundraising program for individual donors at all levels including Annual Fund, Leadership and Major Gift, and Planned Gift donors as part of a multi-year campaign. This position reports to the Assistant Head of School for Advancement.
As a senior leader of the development team, the SDIG will excel at frontline fundraising, develop strategy and infrastructure, and manage a team to achieve successful outcomes. There will be a focus on pipeline development, moves management, and documented systems to deepen relationships with individuals and their engagement with the Sidwell Friends School community through Annual, Major, and Planned Giving donors and prospects.
The SDIG will provide oversight for the Annual Fund, including direct mail and online solicitations, as well as Major Gift fundraising programs and leads a team of dedicated professionals to achieve annual and multi-year goals. The SDIG will hold a portfolio of approximately 75-100 Leadership and Major Gift donors with personal philanthropic goals to achieve annually.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader to join an established and professional team to help build and strengthen effective fundraising systems and deliver on revenue goals while staying abreast of trends affecting revenue outcomes. Reporting to the Assistant Head of School for Advancement (Chief Advancement Officer), the SDIG will oversee a team of four (2 Major Gift Officers, 1 Director of Annual Giving, and 1 Assistant Director of Annual Giving), work collaboratively across the Advancement functions, and partner with the Communication team.
Leadership and Management
- Ability to co-lead the schools efforts to build a strong philanthropic culture and vision that includes all internal and external stakeholders
- Plan, develop, and implement a robust and creative Annual, Major, and Planned gift fundraising program focused on individuals to achieve maximum growth to meet Sidwell Friends School campaign and annual giving goals
- Develop and sustain productive cross-functional relationships (stewardship, constituent engagement, alumni relations, development operations/analytics, and communications/brand marketing) to accomplish comprehensive cultivation, stewardship, and revenue goals
- Oversee prospect identification, research, and qualification for growth of fundraising pipelines
- Partner with leadership and advancement staff on campaign strategy and execution
- Work with the database administrator and development operations to develop and deliver donor analysis reports for all lines of giving
- Utilize data and metrics to benchmark efforts, inform strategic and tactical decision-making, and identify broad-based solicitation opportunities
- Establish, track and report on fundraising plans; manage budgets and proactively forecast shifts in revenue expectations
- Set ambitious growth goals and develop and execute strategy to attain them
- Manage a dynamic portfolio of individual donors and prospects with the capacity to make unrestricted and restricted philanthropic 6-figure gifts or more
- Directly solicit and close gifts from major donors and prospects in collaboration with the Head of School, Assistant Head of School for Advancement, and other internal stakeholders
- Directly solicit and close campaign and planned gifts and provide campaign volunteer management
- Strategically oversee the advancement of moves management system and craft integrated comprehensive strategies to increase giving levels and numbers of gifts
- Work with advancement and communications colleagues to define and articulate a sophisticated case for support
- Minimum 10 years frontline fundraising experience
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Demonstrated success with raising 6+-figure gifts
- Experience developing strategies for cultivation and solicitation of individual donors
- Experience partnering with school and volunteer leadership
- Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills
- Experience with Raisers Edge or similar fundraising database
- Strong follow through; high-level analytical, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of integrated fundraising programs
- Strong planning, strategy, financial, budgeting, and analytical skills for informing fundraising program
- Highly collaborative, communicative and transparent, with the ability to build strong and effective internal and external relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects as priorities change, with an exceptional eye for detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated success in meeting all deadlines and performance goals
- Highly strategic with can-do attitude
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sense of humor
- Planned giving experience a plus
Interested candidates should upload a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references via our online application.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.