Assistant Director Guest Services & Strategic Planning
Our Assistant Director Guest Services & Strategic Planning is responsible for the overall operation of Guest Services including membership services, the department's comprehensive assessment plan, and special projects. The position is the primary manager for recreation management software, Fusion which supports both POS (point of sale) and online sales. The role manages the Guest Services Coordinator and in turn 50 student employees (about 3.75 FTE). The position is responsible for advancing technology within Fusion and working closely with Health and Wellness Services OIT and DDS to resolve technology-related issues, including selecting and purchasing IT equipment. The position is responsible for developing policies and procedures for Guest Services, student employment and ultimately delivering high-quality customer service to members and guests. This is a full-time twelve-month exempt position.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
On behalf of the University of Colorado Boulder Recreation Services, welcome to THE REC. Recreation Services is a valued campus resource and partner dedicated to supporting your success. We offer a variety of high-quality, convenient, innovative, and inclusive ways to help you connect with yourself and your campus community. Play and Find Your Fit at one of the nation’s premier collegiate recreation centers. THE REC is a LEED Platinum (highest ranking sustainable design) facility with over 300,000 square feet of recreation and fitness activity space. Explore and try new things from ice skating, indoor rock climbing, team sports, yoga, enjoying the Buff Pool and so much more! We are a student fee-funded service and our student-led, CUSG Recreation Board and the team of experts will ensure we meet the evolving needs of a dynamic recreation, fitness, and wellness service that supports student engagement, academic and personal success. CU at THE REC!
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide direct oversight for all financial and business transactions related to Guest Services.
- Maintain and monitor record-keeping system to track expenses monthly.
- Develop quarterly projections and annual budget for Guest Services to include membership services, locker services, pro shop/vending, and equipment check-out generating approximately $900,000 in revenue annually.
- Oversee all revenue generated through the point of sale and online transactions and expenses for student hourly, memberships, lockers, pro shop, and vending.
- Adhere to practices to purchase the merchandise for equipment check-out products and makes good sound decisions regarding the use of department financial resources that will benefit Guest Services.
- Work with Business and Finance staff to process monthly membership payroll deduction and cancellations for faculty and staff.
- Mange 1 FTE - Guest Services Coordinator and in turn 50 student employees (approximately 3.75 FTE) to deliver exemplary customer service to members and guests.
- Ensure the Guest Services Coordinator is developing and leading meaningful meetings and educational training to improve processes and make appropriate improvements to workflow and productivity.
- Mentor, coach and evaluate the Guest Services Coordinator on an ongoing basis providing regular feedback to improve work performance.
- Develop system and procedures to ensure Guest Services staff meet unit and division outcomes for student employees
Assessment and Special Projects
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive assessment plan including learning outcomes for the department.
- Coordinate and develop the department's Annual Report in conjunction with the director.
- Work with Student Affairs to meet the goals and deadlines on behalf of the department for the Student Affairs strategic assessment plan.
- Work with department colleagues and assist with implementing Qualtrics surveys for programs and facilities staff to assess service delivery outcomes.
- Serve as the Student Affairs Assessment liaison for the department to support the implementation of the unit assessment plan.
- Manage, organize and coordinate special projects for the department as requested by the director.
- Responsible for maintaining proficiency with Fusion (POS) operating system and related hardware for use online and in-person to achieve maximum efficiency and security by regularly analyzing POS needs and initiating improvements.
- In-house software expert and lead operating system administrator for Fusion, dedicated to implementing new and improved features and efficiencies.
- Develop and build custom reports to meet the demands of the department’s needs.
- Provide training for staff using Fusion and include a variety of functions to implement practices and standards.
- Manage student and non-student membership database through departmental coordination with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and Office of Identity and Access Management to process new enrollments, renewals, and cancellations.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Fusion tech support, ticket submission, and initiate upgrades to allow for efficiency and innovation.
- Work with the Facility Operations team to ensure appropriate communication about special events is relayed to Guest Services Staff.
- Oversee facility event access and ensure membership payment from rental groups and organizations is received.
- Attend weekly event management meetings to assign staff and prepare for special events.
- Participate in department special events offered by Recreation Services.
- Serve on project teams and committees related to events and facility development, assessment, student success, and other areas as assigned.
- Chair the department assessment committee.
- Attend departmental, divisional, and other official functions as required.
- Attend State, Regional, and National Conferences for professional growth and development.
- Attend department programs and use equipment and facilities to ensure these services are meeting or exceeding standards set by the department.
- Report any problems or suggestions to the appropriate manager for attention.
What You Should Know
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and a flexible schedule as needed for special events.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification or the ability to earn in the first 3 months of employment.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $58,000-$60,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study related to the work assignment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- 1 year of progressively responsible experience working with Fusion guest/member services point of sale system.
- 1 year of experience supervising staff.
- 1 year of budget development and management experience.
What You Will Need
- Understanding of entry control policies and procedures for membership and locker room management.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Think critically and make independent decisions.
- Thorough and detailed documentation.
- Communicate effectively in high-stress/pressure situations.
- Organize, prioritize and perform various tasks with little or no supervision.
- Embrace and apply the team model with student and professional staff to sustain an inclusive and trusting working environment.
- Participate in or assume a leadership role with projects, activities, events, and committees for Recreation Services.
- Develop and maintain collaborative, supportive, and professional relationships.
- Support colleagues and actively contribute to a collegial work environment by demonstrating diplomacy, tact, and professionalism.
- Demonstrate active engagement with and support a diversity of individuals, opinions, and perspectives.
- Demonstrate active engagement and support of the department Mission, Vision, and Values.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master’s degree from a university in a field of study related to the work assignment.
- 2 years of experience working with Fusion guest/member services point of sale system
- 2 years of experience supervising staff.
- 2 years of experience developing and managing budgets.
- Experience working with EMS, When to Work, and Connect2 software.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 16, 2021, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder