Academic Administrative Assistant-Music Department
The Administrative Assistant to the Music Department is a vital team member in the smooth and efficient operation of this combined academic department and performing arts venue. The position provides administrative and technical support to: (1) assist the Music Department Chair; (2) provide administrative support to faculty in their instructional, committee, research and clerical needs and activities; and (3) support students with their educational goals. The Administrative Assistant is a focal point of the Music Department office and provides front line reception and service assistance to faculty, students, community and parents.
The Administrative Assistant will interact with over 40 full and part time faculty in the Music Department as well as assist the Zankel Music Center staff in the production of Music Department presented events. The complexity of balancing resources of the college with department and program needs will require a cultivation of relationships with stakeholders at all levels across campus. Music Department Student office workers will report directly to the Administrative Assistant.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and multi-task.
- Supervisory skills, excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and relations building skills;
Proficiency in Macintosh and PC computers and technology--including word processing, spreadsheet, and accounting applications (Microsoft Office).
- Problem solving efficiently using creativity and resourcefulness.
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor are a plus.
- The abilities to take direction and to work independently, as well as to maintain confidentiality.
Associates Degree or equivalent with 2-3 years of experience.
$17.00 - $19.00 per hour commensurate with experience. Internal candidates may fall outside of this range and should contact Nancy Bruno with any individual pay rate questions.
Required documents needed to apply:
- On-line application
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Apply to: http://jobs.skidmore.edu
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Music Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs