Surgical Technology Clinical Lab Assistant
Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications on an on-going basis from individuals to serve as part-time, temporary, day, evening, and weekend Surgical Technology Clinical Lab Assistants.
- Current industry-recognized CST certification.
- Two years of experience as a Surgical Technologist in an OR setting.
- Work closely with the Surgical Technology class instructor/program director regarding clinical rotations and skill lab check-offs.
- Prepare for and attend all designated clinical sessions.
- Enforce policies for safety and use of personal protective equipment for all individuals in the clinical/lab environment.
- Evaluate student work and provide feedback to students.
- Act in a manner that promotes collegial relationships and shows respect for students, staff, and colleagues.
- Maintain and/or advance training in industry-recognized certifications.
- Stay abreast of innovations and developments in the professional field.
- Adhere to University policies and perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
- To apply for this position, click here .
- Review of applications will be on-going. This is a non-benefits eligible position.
- The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University's commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.