Washburn Institute of
seeks applications for an Emergency Medical
Technician clinical lab assistant. This is part-time position based
on classroom need and the academic calendar. This position does not
- Two years of experience as an EMT, AEMT, Paramedic or military
experience equivalent to two years of experience as an EMT.
- High school diploma or GED.
- EMT Certification.
- Teaching Experience at the post-secondary level.
- Assist with the exam process for EMT students including
administration and proctoring of exams.
- Maintain a positive learning environment.
- Develop and maintain working relationships and constructive
interaction with other technical instructors, both in the program
and across the institution, and personnel of the school,
cooperating agencies and community groups.
- Adheres to established institutional and departmental policies
and procedures and relevant quality and safety standards.
- Assists in the teaching of practical learning experiences with
the occasional request to teach didactic.
- Direct, guide and evaluate student performance in a laboratory
- To apply for this position, click here .
- Review of applications will be on-going. This is a non-benefits
- The successful candidate will be required to submit to a
background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching
focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the
diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates
who are committed to Washburn's efforts to create a climate that
fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and
we encourage applications from members of groups that have been
historically underrepresented in higher education. Application
materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will
contribute to the University's commitment to diversity and
inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal
access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or