Patient Access Coordinator
Under the direction of the Patient Access manager, Patient Access Coordinator is responsible for scheduling appointments, answering student questions, and providing insurance related information to patients who seek care at Wardenburg Health Center . The Patient Access Coordinator is the first point of contact for students seeking medical care, and plays a critical role in providing customer service while assessing student needs upon point of care.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Wardenburg Health Services staff understand and are committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness. The Medical Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students including: primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Staffing the Medical Services front desk and being available to answer questions and provide direction to patients, while providing excellent customer service to our student patient population.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the medical services scheduling and patient care policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with nurse triage to schedule patients with conditions with increased urgency.
- Direct patients regarding processes to related to appointment documentation, referrals and a variety of other services.
- Collaborate with internal and external clinical staff to ensure continuity of care, such as requesting shared records.
- Responsible for managing time-sensitive scheduling elements such as the walk-in list in order to advise patients of potential wait times and options available to them.
Insurance Verification and Payment Services
- Display in-depth technical knowledge of insurance benefits coverage, scope of services, and verification of patient insurance status.
- Review students’ insurance benefits and inform students about potential out of pocket expenses.
- Refer patients to appropriate administrative support staff for follow-up information related to insurance, billing, and referral issues.
- Collect payment for laboratory fees.
- Respond to patient questions about services provided at Wardenburg Health Center, including Medical Services, Health Promotions, Infection Prevention, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, or other affiliated programs.
- Inform clinical staff when additional patient assistance is needed.
- Support the communication of system outages, unplanned closures, or other related occurrences.
- Review the upcoming schedule and inform the appropriate staff of errors, or concerns in the schedule to ensure a quick resolution.
What You Should Know
The hours for this position are 8am - 6pm.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $41,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Informed. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position. Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Basic functional computer skills (experience with Windows based systems).
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An affinity for helping others.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Customer service experience.
- Background or understanding of insurance verification processes.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 16, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder