Under the direction of the Patient Access manager, Patient
is responsible for scheduling appointments,
answering student questions, and providing insurance related
information to patients who seek care at Wardenburg Health
. The Patient Access Coordinator is the first point of
contact for students seeking medical care, and plays a critical
role in providing customer service while assessing student needs
upon point of care.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Wardenburg Health Services staff understand and are committed to
the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an
unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness. The Medical
Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students
including: primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as
chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection
testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health
care, and concussion care.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Insurance Verification and Payment Services
- Staffing the Medical Services front desk and being available to
answer questions and provide direction to patients, while providing
excellent customer service to our student patient population.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the medical services scheduling
and patient care policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with nurse triage to schedule patients with
conditions with increased urgency.
- Direct patients regarding processes to related to appointment
documentation, referrals and a variety of other services.
- Collaborate with internal and external clinical staff to ensure
continuity of care, such as requesting shared records.
- Responsible for managing time-sensitive scheduling elements
such as the walk-in list in order to advise patients of potential
wait times and options available to them.
- Display in-depth technical knowledge of insurance benefits
coverage, scope of services, and verification of patient insurance
- Review students’ insurance benefits and inform students about
potential out of pocket expenses.
- Refer patients to appropriate administrative support staff for
follow-up information related to insurance, billing, and referral
- Collect payment for laboratory fees.
What You Should Know
- Respond to patient questions about services provided at
Wardenburg Health Center, including Medical Services, Health
Promotions, Infection Prevention, Physical Therapy, Behavioral
Health, or other affiliated programs.
- Inform clinical staff when additional patient assistance is
- Support the communication of system outages, unplanned
closures, or other related occurrences.
- Review the upcoming schedule and inform the appropriate staff
of errors, or concerns in the schedule to ensure a quick
The hours for this position are 8am - 6pm.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $41,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be Informed. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the
work assigned to the position. Appropriate education will
substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year
What We Would Like You To Have
- Basic functional computer skills (experience with Windows based
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- An affinity for helping others.
- Customer service experience.
- Background or understanding of insurance verification
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 1, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: